The Kappa League is the youth initiative of Kappa Alpha Psi that trains young men for leadership, community service and achievement. We do that with an emphasis on academics, personal development, and college and career preparation. We proudly have a 95% college matriculation rate for our graduating seniors since the inception of our program. If you possess these qualities as well as meet the following qualifications, then the Kappa League may be for you.
Kappa League Objectives
- To inspire service in the public interest through the cultural enrichment and character development of African American males in high school.
- To develop leadership skills while monitoring, encouraging, and rewarding outstanding academic performance.
- To refine self-image, self-esteem, social skills, and environment awareness.
- To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
- To afford youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored entertainment and cultural enrichment; and
- To inform youth of the value of higher education, assistance available for continued educational pursuits, scholarships, loans, professional counseling, and fellowship.
- Must be a young man between the 8th and 12th grades
- Must have a verifiable 2.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 Scale
- Must be able to provide 2 letters of recommendation
- Must be in good standing in your school and community
- and …. Must be willing to commit time to the Kappa League
If you or someone you know is interested in the Kappa League, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 407.619.0302. Our regularly scheduled monthly meetings are on the third Sunday of each month from 5:00PM – 6:30PM at the Experience Christian Center in Orlando, FL.